Sunday 5 April 2015

Book Wrap Up March 2015

Normally every month I would do a monthly favourites post but I thought that I would stop doing those posts because I am kind of getting bored of them and I don't think many people are reading them.

Anyway instead of a monthly favourites I thought that I would do a post where I talk briefly about all of the books that I read that month. So I am going to start with March.
I know this post is a bit late as we are already 5 days into April but oh well. Anyway in March I read a total of 13 books.

The first two books that I read was Catching Fire and Mockingjay, the last two books in The Hunger Games Trilogy by Suzanne Collins. I know I am very late reading these and I had actually seen all of the films that are out so far before I read the books. So I kind of knew what was going to happen. Anyway I read the first book in February, and I read the last two in March. Both of these books are absolutely amazing. My favourite character in the whole trilogy is introduced in Catching Fire ( Finnick Odair). I absolutely love his character and Finnick is absolutely amazing and I love him so much, and Sam Claflin does an amazing job of portraying Finnick in the films. I also cried so much near the end of Mockingjay, and I know that I will end up crying at the end of Mockingjay part 2 when I watch it. These books are very well written and I love Suzanne Collins writing in these books. This series has made me want to read more of her books. Catching Fire is definitely my favourite of the whole trilogy.

The next book that I read was The Book of Lies by Mary Horlock. This book is set in Guernsey which is where I was born and where I live. Which I think is actually quite cool. However I didn't enjoy this book very much. It is about a girl named Catherine who pushes her Bestfriend off of a cliff after an argument. The build up to the incident is really boring. The book mentions the incident a lot earlier in the story before we actually find out how the whole thing happened. At the end of the story you find out that Catherine was writing a story for her mother. I think the concept is quite cool but the story itself was quite boring.

Next I read The Mortal Instruments series by Cassandra Clare. This series consists of six books: City of Bones, City of Ashes, City of Glass, City of Fallen Angels, City of Lost Souls, and City of Heavenly Fire. These books are absolutely amazing and they are definitely one of my favourite book series. Cassandra Clare's writing is absolutely amazing, and soon I am going to read The Infernal Devices trilogy by Cassandra Clare. The Mortal Instruments is about Shadowhunters who are half human, half angel beings that kill demons. There are also Downworlders (vampires, werewolves, faeries and warlocks) who appear in the books. The main protagonist of the series is Clary Fray, who sees three Shadowhunters kill a demon when she is out at a club with her Bestfriend Simon. The main antagonist of the first three books is Valentine Morgenstern, and the main antagonist of the last three books is Sebastian Morgenstern. Normally people don't like the antagonists of books because they tend to be evil, however I actually love the antagonists of this series. I also ship Clace (Clary + Jace) and Male (Magnus + Alec) so much. I absolutely love this series. This series has made me want to read more of her books and I will read more starting with the Infernal Devices Trilogy. I also cried at least three times at the end of City of Heavenly Fire.

The next book that I read was Taylor Lautner  A-Z by Sarah Oliver. This is an A-Z biography of Taylor Lautner's life. I bought this book when I was absolutely obsessed with Taylor Lautner. I still love him but I am not as obsessed with him as I used to be. This book was interesting and I liked learning more about his life.

The next book that I read was Prom Nights From Hell. This book is a collection of 5 short stories about paranormal Prom nights. This book was really good and there was only one story that I didn't enjoy. The stories are: The Exterminator's Daughter by Meg Cabot, The Corsage by Lauren Myracle, Madison Avery and the Dim Reaper by Kim Harrison, Kiss and Tell by Michele Jaffe and Hell on Earth by Stephenie Meyer.

The next book that I read , I actually finished in an hour. It was Mary-Kate and Ashley Olsen: Our Story. It is a short biography about Mary-Kate and Ashley Olsen. I loved learning more about their life because I love Mary- Kate and Ashley. It was really interesting.

The final book that I read in March was Stephenie Meyer : Queen of Twilight biography by Chas Newkey Burden. Stephenie Meyer is one of my favourite authors ever, so I loved reading this biography about her. I loved learning more about her life and it was just an amazing biography.

That concludes this wrap up post. If anyone is reading this I hope you enjoy it.

Natalie xx

1 comment:

  1. Looks like you've had a busy month!!

    Hollie // hollieinwanderlust.co.uk

    ReplyDelete